Friday, March 13, 2009

A challenge



So for YW we decided that we would make some Black Apple Dolls to donate to the local hospital. I don't sew, but some of my presidency does and they were sure we could make a few of these dolls. A bunch of ladies in the ward had made the dolls so I lined up some help and Wednesday night we finished 3 dolls and have 2 more almost complete. I had cut out the fabric, but with my sewing expertise I cut the legs all out the same so we had to toss those out and start over. I heard the phrase "you don't sew" (with a very puzzled tone) about a million times that night. I am not sure if I put of the sewing vibe, but others seemed shocked that I did not sew.

Well I guess like everything else in life I took those words as a challenge and decided I was going to make one of these dolls on my own with some of the extra fabric we had donated (THANKS EVERYONE FOR DONATING). Okay so honestly this beautiful little masterpiece took me most of the day yesterday and I had a few phone calls to mom to talk me through the feet and I don't dare draw the face on. I thought I would save that for Phil because how sad would it be to draw a nasty face on after all this work. So I guess I do sew, but I think I will go back to choosing not to sew because lets face it I don't enjoy it and who has the time to take ALL DAY for one doll.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

It still turned out pretty cute. Good job! Now you just have to get them all to train for a hospital-fund-raising triathlon with you.
:)

Jennifer said...

To each their own right! I can do lots of things I wish I could. She is a very pretty doll, congrats on your first sewing project!

Millers! said...

Dont worry Jamie, I am in the "I dont sew" club too... I have done it before, I just dont like it.. This is one doll I would love to learn how to make for my little girl, but I think I would rather pay someone to do it for me. LOL! Good job though, she turned out cute!