
Well Grandma O'Brien passed away late Sunday night. It really has been a long time coming and I will dearly miss her, but I am so glad she is back with my Grandpa. Grandma O'Brien made the best rolls for Thanksgiving dinner, she could out stir all 5 of us girls combined when making candy (and she was a tiny lady) and she always had something great waiting in her cookie jar. My grandma lived ten minutes from me growing up and we always made a trip to her house for a Sunday evening treat. She had connect four in the extra bedroom that my sisters and I played and fought over for hours. I loved being at her house unless I was asked to get something out of the basement. Seriously that place scared the pants off me. Even when we would move the wood from the shed to the basement it was better being in the old stinky shed then down in the basement. I remember her little stuffed Christmas tree that she always put the kids Christmas socks on each year. She had a strong testimony and even after Alzheimer's set in she couldn't remember who you were, but she was happy and kind to everyone. I love my grandma.
No comments:
Post a Comment