Thursday, March 10, 2011

Girls (plus dad) Weekend



We had a great weekend in Texas with my parents. Ashlee and I left the crazy February snow storm in Seattle to head down and to Houston where is was in the upper 60s low 70s. All of our husbands watched the kids for the weekend and let us go to hang out. Miya was super excited that I would be singing in church in Texas. My mom and dad were speaking in their Ward down there and my mom volunteered us girls for a musical number. Stephanie informed us that we would not be crying during the song so we tried to get it all out during the practice. It was a song that we have sung a ton of times as young girls in church so it was fun.
It is always fantastic to have a weekend with my family and we loved eating good food, shopping, running together, laughing, talking, Steph brought a book filled with bad family pictures of people (this is a real published book, not just bad family pictures of people we know)so we loved passing that around.
I came home to the kids super excited to tell me all about the fun things they did with Phil. He took Lyla on a daddy-date on Friday while the other kids were at school. She LOVES Red Robin so he took her for lunch. Then he took all the kids to see Tangled and spent a day at the Family Fun Center. He also worked on the cabin so when I got home I was happy to learn that you can now use the bathroom down there.

4 comments:

Buffy said...

oh so jealous!! There is nothing I love more than to be with my family. Sisters weekends are something I live for. I love that you guys love that too! What a great family you have. You all look great and so much alike. :)

Stacy Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness. Jamie, I just love all you O'Brien girls!! And I love your parents, too!! I miss those days of eating Schwann's Cookies and Cream ice cream with your dad. And your mom is seriously one of the sweetest women I have ever met. These pictures are so great of you and your fam. You are all just so wonderful!

Apryl said...

So glad you had a weekend away. How fun! If you liked that book, you should see the website. It's a classic:
http://awkwardfamilyphotos.com/

xo

Ryan said...

This is one of your sisters who gets stuck in her husbands gmail account! Just wanted to say that I love you and wish we always lived close enough to see one another but until we do these weekends rock!