Well I have sat down at the computer a ton of times this last month and didn't feel like updating the old blog. I don't really have much to say, but the kids have been doing some funny things that I didn't want to forget so I thought I would spend a few minutes typing it out for our family memory book. Cannon: We just painted Lyla's old room and moved Cannon in there. I took him to Home Depot to get the paint and he really wanted this dark turquoise paint, but I said no. I picked out a nice light tan color and he thought I was super boring. Once I got it all done with his bedding and dresser painted he was more excited about it. He came home from school and told me how much he loved me now that he got his new bedroom. My friend Merissa was visiting from out of town and she was sleeping in his room. He made her a list of rules that must be followed in his room:
- No Killing (no one wants to clean up blood in their new room)
- No Hitting
- No Kicking
- No Slapping
- No Being Popular (it doesn't seem like a good thing on High School Musical)
Lyla: Has been in love with getting the mail. She has learned that the mail man doesn't come on Sunday and that he only comes once a day no matter how many times she goes out to check it.
Miya: Got to have her first ever friend sleepover this last weekend. The rule is that she is only able to stay with cousins or this one family friend that she has grown up with. She had a wonderful time and couldn't stop telling Cannon about all the fabulous things they did together. Cannon informed Miya that he got to go to Burger King on Saturday while she was away so that made up for not getting to have a sleepover of his own. It is always about trying to make the other person feel worse around here.
3 comments:
I love your kids. I wanted to see a picture of his bloodless room :-)
Yeah, show us pictures of all the new arrangements. Totally hear you about trying to make the other people feel left out of all the cool things they are doing. We're pretty charitable;) Hope you have a fun weekend.
I love it! :)
the no killing rule sounds like a great one to implement in the boys room. LOL
Post a Comment