Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Piano Recital





Miya and Cannon had their first piano recital a few weeks ago. They both have really loved taking piano lessons this year from Sister Hawkes. They practice everyday and memorized two songs each for the recital. I had already heard the song a million times before the recital, but it was fun to see them up in front of everyone playing and announcing their song. Miya's head was down the entire time (which I thought might happen) even though she had practiced many times at home and told me she would look up at everyone. Cannon was the first to play and was super brave with all the parents watching.

They had dress rehearsal the night before and were able to hear all the kids play and Cannon came home telling me all about a boy that played a pirate song that he loved. He got my attention when the boy played the song and was smiling the entire time the song was going. He is super excited to get that good. Motivation to practice!

2 comments:

Nicki said...

Way to go Cannon and Miya! I love those boots Miya. We can't wait to see you guys in just a few weeks and maybe you could play your songs for us then.

ashlee said...

Was it "Yo, Ho, Yo, Ho, a Pirate's life for me." I want to learn to play that.