Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Conversation


Last night Phil and I were playing cards with some friends and he brought up a conversation we had a few nights ago, when he said to me (not about me), "I wonder at what age you realize you are no longer attractive to anyone." Our friend responded with, "yeah, like women in their 30s and 40s because they peak in their 20s." I laughed as he tried to back out of that one because Phil and I were talking about 60s and 70s and coming up with women and men that we found attractive at this age that hadn't had any form of plastic surgery (or none that we were aware of) and that we didn't know personally so we could judge them based only on their appearance. I could come up with some men, but he could not come up with a single woman. He did say that it was easy to think of women who were older and beautiful if you knew them and that some women did carry themselves really well. I guess I am hoping I age gracefully and when I do realize that I am no longer attractive to anyone I am wrong because Phil will always find me attractive.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I think when you get to a certain age you find your peers attractive-- sort of how older actors look better to me now, and young actors look way too young. Don't you think?

Ryan said...

I totally agree with Steph's comment. We haven't reached our full blossom yet. . .Even though Elsie told me today how I USED to be beautiful as she was looking at my wedding book;).

Ryan said...

That last comment was from your sister Nicki not Ryan. Because we all know that men get better looking as they age so he would never leave a comment like that:)