Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Update

Well I finally decided to sit down and do a little update on what we have been doing the past few weeks.
1. We had a heat wave here in Seattle with temperatures in the triple digits for a few days. We spent all of the day and some of the night swimming in the water trying to stay cool.
2. The kids have been wanting to take up the new hobby/art of photography so we have a lot of the following, "whoops, I forgot your head" shots.

They normally find me somewhere around the 3rd or 4th try.

3. Now we are receiving rain and cooler temperatures so the kids have been playing "knee boarding" inside. (I am pretty sure poor kids have better imaginations...only because they have to pretend to knee board as they watch the boats drive around outside.) 4. & 5. Phil caught me reading and riding my bike the other day. Then is started to rain so I had to put the book in the car. I have enjoyed having time for both reading and riding this summer.

6. Swimming. Cannon and Miya are both swimming without life-jackets and loving it. They are happy now getting their heads wet and using big arm strokes.
I am afraid that the summer like my tan is fading fast and we are trying to squeeze the most fun out of everyday we can. My kids are at the perfect age this summer for fun and for letting me now have to worry every moment about them. Lyla is a great little swimmer in her life-jacket and loves being outside. This has been the perfect summer already and we still have a few more weeks left.

5 comments:

Reiko said...

You are so lucky to live on the water in such a beautiful place. Thanks for sharing with the youth the other day, it was so much fun.

Buffy said...

I love their imagination - pretending to knee board :) that is so cute! We feel the same about summer and it is quickly ending.

Becca said...

Just come to our house. Summer will be around for another two months at least. I love your bike riding! What a great idea! It was great to see you this summer! Hopefully three years won't pass again before we get to see each other. Love ya!

Nicki said...

What a gorgeous family!!! Love the sexy eyes, Cannon. Enjoy the last leg of summer and don't forget to be nice when you play volleyball:)

ashlee said...

You are so tan! I'm supposed to be the one from LA.