Saturday, May 15, 2010

Girls Night

So last night Phil took Cannon to a father/son camp out. I decided I should do something fun with just the girls. For some reason they wanted to go to Carl's Junior for dinner, gag, but whatever they wanted. We then hit target and purchased a girly (Island Barbie) movie and some candy. Lyla didn't stop singing the entire movie so I think it was a hit. The girls are now watching/singing with the movie this morning before we head up to Seattle. It was really fun to hanging out with them and not feel like I needed to be doing a million other things.
I can't wait to see how things went with Cannon. He was SO excited all week and kept asking things about "boys camp" and reminding Miya and Lyla that they were not invited to go to "boys camp". He loved it last year and was looking forward to hot dogs for dinner, a fire, sleeping in a tent, the "yummy breakfast" and hanging out with dad. Phil and I talked about how great it is that he was so excited to have this time with just his dad, because we know that at some point in his life these things just wont be that exciting. I am glad we can have these moments now and build relationships with our children that will hopefully make it easier to have a good relationship when they are older and friends are way more cool than we are.

2 comments:

Blaire Ostler said...

i love it!

i tried to convince Drew to take William and Preston...but it didn't happen.

Nicki said...

I didn't get a report---I hope it was all he imagined! Also, LOVE those family photos! You all look so great. Your hair is so long and everyone's eyes. . . You look great!