Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Say What?

Lyla couldn't go to church on Sunday because she had a cough and she was crying that she had to stay home with dad. Cannon just as we were heading out the door said, "it is funny that Lyla is crying because she wants to go to church and can't go and I just want to stay home and I have to go." Phil reassured me that he thought the same thing about church from about 6 until 15. I had to laugh because I remember LOVING primary and singing and trying to out sing Felicity Hanson. Then I skipped ahead a few years and remembered skipping Sunday School Class to walk to KwikWay with Nate. I don't think I turned out too bad even though I skipped out a few times.

Miya, while we were up in Seattle was watching me paint and asked "mom why do you like painting so much?" I just laughed and thought I must be doing a pretty good job at masking my anger at having to re-paint the whole house after the tenants moved out. We are finally done with the place and we were able to work on cleaning things up around here.

2 comments:

Apryl said...

Yeah, I didn't appreciate the finer points of church till I was about 14. Before that it was LAME. (It still cracks me up that I'm in YW though, since I especially despised the the whole program when I was an angsty teenager...)

Nicki said...

I'm just waiting to hear Cannon's story of jumping off the back of the ferry:) Wait, I mean, no I'm not. SO FREAKY! Glad you got done painting.