I had just walked in the door from hanging out at Ikea with Ashlee. What did we need to get at Ikea? Nothing, but the kids can play in the play area for an hour and we can walk around talking and looking at stuff without any kids. Plus, kids eat lunch for free for the first few weeks of the year. Ikea is one of those half-way points for us and we find it a pretty cheap and easy place to meet...well until we try to take the kids home. It took me 20 minutes and six rounds of Red Light Green Light to get her to the car. I checked the messages when I got home and there was one from the Principle informing me that my kids were just wondering if I was going to come get them. Yes, it was a half day and I had NO idea. So while I was waisting time at Ikea my kids were waiting in the office at the elementary school for 1 and 1/2 hours. That's right, my kids have the world's BEST mom.
Oh, and did I mention that I left Miya at church a couple of weeks ago and Phil had to go back and get her. Luckily our friend who is in the Bishopric saw her and brought her into the Bishop's office and gave her candy.
7 comments:
Your kids will totally forgive you when you pull out those awesome puppets in church :-)
Hey, don't beat yourself up too bad. We've all been there. You'll be laughing about it tomorrow.
ha, ha - hearing that story just makes all of the rest of us feel OK and that we are not the only ones doing stuff like that. :)
Give them cell phones. Then they can call you to remind you where you are supposed to be. And they will enjoy the opportunity to text in church.
Totally been there, done that! Only it was just Caleb and he was crying because he thought we'd all left him. . . I hope it's not a sign of things to come. Glad you and Ash had a nice visit though. I need to hear the Lyla story;)
Thanks for being brave enough to share and make us all realize that we all make mistakes. You are a great mom! Thanks for making me smile!
When I was a kid I went to a birthday party at Chuckee Cheese's. I got left there. I just hung out on the curb till they realized they forgot me. I'm not sure I ever told my Mom. At least you're not leaving other people's kids places. Your kids are fine!
Post a Comment