This month has been amazingly beautiful and sunny. Yesterday it was in the 60s and the sun felt warm on your skin. Miya had an orthodontist appointment so I got the kids out of school early. After the apt. we headed down to Chamber's Bay and walked down to the water. The kids loved watching the dogs at the dog park, throwing rocks in the water, gathering all the really cool rocks in their pockets (I made them empty their pockets just before we got back in the car) and enjoying time together. We came home just in time to head to the school for the dinner with the police department. I love having really good days with my kids. I love it when they all seem to get along and I really love when we can be outside in the sunshine.
This morning was beautiful too. I was up and running early and when the sun came up the clouds behind Rainer were bright pink and everything looked so beautiful. I can't believe sometimes how blessed I am. The last time I ran in the rain was the 1/2 in September.
Jared Kunz called last week about coming up here for an interview and was asking questions about what it was like living here. That question is always a really hard one for me because of course I love it here and yes it is gray and cloudy a good chunk of the year and yes it rains a lot and yes it is a bigger city and yes it is hard being far away from all of your family...I don't know if you will love it as much as I do, but hey, Phil is here (he is the biggest selling point) and I find I can be pretty happy anywhere he is. So I guess if you got to move here and be close to Phil you would love it too. He is awesome!
2 comments:
I love days like that. Usually they end up being moments and not actually whole days :-) Seattle is really beautiful and I find myself getting homesick for it a lot. I know that Phil was the real selling point for me.
sounds like a magical day for sure! I'd love spending that time with those Combs kids too! Sure love you guys. nicki
Post a Comment