So lately Phil and I have had a good chuckle while we work with each other on the house because every time I make a mistake (which happens often when taking nails out of the floor) I mumble "seriously". We have been hard at work whenever we have a free moment and hope to have the house put back together for our family Christmas party December 23rd...things are not looking very positive right now, but I am sure once we get the cabinets put back together and all the kitchen stuff back in the right place it won't feel so crazy. Our house is a disaster. We had a babysitter last weekend and I warned her that it was super cold and messy. When she got here she said, "it's not that bad, I have seen worse." What??? I can't imagine things worst than this. It makes me feel crazy with all this mess around and I can't wait to have things put back together and for everything to have a home.
This week was a tough one with elections and coming to terms with Obama for another four years. Then to top that off this morning we went in the garage to get some tools and found that someone broke in last night and stole our tools! Hurray! We were nice enough to have a wheelbarrow for them to load with tools so they wouldn't have to carry heavy things up the drive-way. I love when things like this happen and just when everything is torn apart. I hope the stolen tools buys a lot of pot now that it is legal in Washington. Funny how everyone is writing their things they are grateful for this month and I am venting on mine. So, I am thankful for a husband that can fix things and that keeps his cool when I have a hard time maintaining mine.
2 comments:
Oh no! As if dealing with house issues wasn't enough, someone walks off with your tools. Not sure if it's worth it to you (or how big and expensive the tools are), you will have a chance to get those tools back if you file a police report. My guess is that they might end up in a pawn shop. Police depts have access to all inventory and you can claim your things with a legit report. (this has happened to my husband's work tools too often)
that's terrible! i just don't understand why people do the things they do. ): i hope you get feeling better and things pick up.
p.s. please tell phil that tad says hi :)
Post a Comment