I was thinking this morning about Thanksgiving ten years ago. I was super pregnant with Miya (almost 38 weeks), Phil had gone over to the Island to play in the Turkey Bowl. I was carrying a large pot of mashed potatoes up the hill to his parents house questioning why I was by myself. Thinking back about situations makes me laugh when I think we thought we were such good communicators. I remember being so mad that I had let Phil go play football while I got things together and then walked my pregnant self up the hill. I am pretty sure I used the silent treatment to let Phil know I was not happy about things, but didn't ever voice my concern before hand. I sometimes like to be the martyr, but it always makes it difficult when I don't die sacrificing myself for the good of the family! We ate a ton of great food that day and Miya was born a few days later. Hopefully ten years later I am a little better at communicating...Phil is currently playing football and I am baking pies to take to the Island, but he will to be home by 11:00 so we can get over there together. It is amazing how much more power is in words than in the silence I once loved to create.
Things I am most thankful for:
1) the Gospel-it is just amazing and blesses my life with hope and faith
2)my family-seriously they are fantastic
3)my health-I will appreciate it everyday
4)great friends-some I haven't "talked" to in a while, but the world has given us facebook to keep track of each other
5)a beautiful world-I love being outside (or looking out the window while working on the kitchen) and seeing all the wonderful reminders that I have a Heavenly Father who loves me
No comments:
Post a Comment