Monday, January 30, 2017
Thanksgiving 2016
This year was my first ever Thanksgiving that I did all the dinner myself. I had it all mapped out so I could have it all done at the same time and not need everything in the oven. I found new recipes for slow-cooker sweet potatoes and one for ham. They both turned out amazing. I did a ton of the prep work the day before. I found the best recipe for the turkey brine and had it soaking over night. I got the turkey from Tamara and it was amazing. After the brine I stuffed the skin with butter...mostly just giving myself soft, buttery hands! The Newville's had been working on their house all week trying to get the kitchen ready for them to move in so all the men were super tired. Phil went and played in the Turkey Bowl with Cannon. Miya helped me get everything done that morning and we had an amazing dinner before everyone went home to sleep. So many blessings in my life and so grateful for my family and some amazing friends to spend the day with, a warm home and more than enough food on the table.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment