Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Windows



Many of you might not recognize what the item is in this picture. Well, to my children it is the only way to roll down the window in the car. Phil and I have never been big on cars and were super excited to get a car and a truck for the price of our first car when Miya was born. We had to laugh the other day when we were driving in Phil's new work car that is a little nicer then anything we normally drive and Miya sat staring at the doors. She finally asked, "so how do you put the windows down?" She was super impressed that Phil could get all the windows in the car down without having to lean back over the seats and manually roll down all of the windows. A whole new world of possibilities seemed to open up to her in just a matter of seconds as she noticed the black button on her door that controlled her window.

9 comments:

Buffy said...

That is too funny! I love it when kids realize or learn something new.

Crystal said...

ha! That is so funny.

Stefanie said...

I too am mesmerized by the little black buttons that control the windows...also I need your email to send you the salad and invite to Caleb's blog!
XO

Millers! said...

That is hilarious! I love your stories!!!!

Honeycombs said...

Stefanie,
my email is jamiecombs@earthlink.net and I am excited about that salad. It was super great to see you on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

too cute--what a doll! i love that i can open my car windows too;)

ashlee said...

I love that you guys are such savers and that you are still driving that car with 3 kids. You've inspired me to get my middle seat belt fixed so we can fit 3 kids in it. I loved reading your testimony!

Nicki said...

thanks for posting your testimony--that's pretty amazing and made me realize what a rock you are in my life. Also, an example of thrift and savings!

Heather said...

Long live manual knobs!!!