Last night Phil decided to build a fire for FHE. We originally thought we would have s'mores, but we had enchiladas for dinner and we all know my kids are not going to finish what I put on their plates. Cannon cleared his plate and again said, "if you would make something I like for dinner I would eat it all."
The kids did love the fire and having FHE outside in February.
We were out so long we didn't make it inside in time for baths so all the kids were worried about smelling like smoke at school today. We had to wash coats and I wondered if it was all worth it, but Cannon let me know today that last night's FHE was the best one we have ever had. He didn't even get a treat this time so it must have been a great enough fire to beat out our normal brownie, cake, ice cream or cookie.
This last picture is just one of Miya's valentine cards she made to take to school. We received a note from her teacher that the cards were not to have treats inside. I let Miya know this, but she swore other kids brought treats (which they did). Once she was done with writing her name on all the cards she asked me where the tape was. I didn't have any idea what she wanted it for but when I checked on her about twenty minutes later I found a few of these valentines with Oreos taped inside. We had a discussion about why she couldn't take these to school, but I had to get a picture. I am pretty sure I am the most uncool mom she has ever known.
4 comments:
That is so stinkin' cute with the oreo cookie valentine! I think you have one creative and independent daughter. I want one of her valentines. I'm so sorry about that young woman. . . I feel the same way about great guidance through the gospel. I love you!
That is so cute that Miya tried to tape oreos to her Valentine's. My kids never eat what I make them either - I am glad my kids aren't the only ones :)
At one time or another, every kid thinks their mom is the most uncool one they have ever known.......but come on you're pretty cool!!! At least I think so. Love your new haircut.
Poor girl, all she wanted was to give her friends a cookie. That teacher is a Nazi. Chase was so sad that his class didn't do anything. I let him take some to class anyway (there was never a not sent home about it) and he was embarrased that he was the only one in his class passing out Valentines. So it wasn't all that great anyway.
Post a Comment