Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Big 5

So Cannon celebrated his 5th birthday while we were in Driggs visiting family. We started off the party with launching a ton of water balloons. Lined up for the pinata.

Then topped off the party with Cannon's choice of a volcano cake and ice cream.
He said that the best part about his birthday is having it in July so that we can be in Driggs at Grandma O'Brien's house with all his cousins.
10 things about Cannon's 5th year of life:
1. He is always giving hugs and loves to cuddle with anyone.
2. He loves learning new sports or games to play.
3. He is silly.
4. He is happy out riding his bike for hours.
5. He is finally putting his head under the water when he swims.
6. He LOVES macaroni and cheese.
7. He doesn't like going to Primary if his regular teacher is not there...I mean he WONT go to primary if his regular teacher is not there. (I have been seen running around the church chasing him and he is a fast little guy when he has to be.)
8. He loves listening to his dad tell the bedtime story they have had going for months and he remembers all the characters and where he left off the night before.
9. He doesn't like it when dad is gone and mom just reads a book before bed because she can't tell stories like dad can.
10. He would rather spend 30 minutes trying to get his shirt buttoned for church than to let his mother help him get it done in 1.
Thank Heavens for our little man. Glad he came into our little family 5 years ago.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I love all the cute quirky things you journaled about Cannon. I smile about the Primary thing (though you probably don't). And I can totally see Phil doing the whole "Bedtime Stories" thing! Happy Birthday Cannon!