Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Beautiful Afternoon

Well on Sunday we went over to the Manwaring's house for dinner and took a walk after eating a ton of pizza. It was beautiful weather and we just love hanging out with Heidi and Burke. Honestly they are great and it is so fun to hang out with them, but it always makes it a little hard because we know Burke is getting deployed in August and then they will move after his deployment. I guess that is one of the hardest things about living in a military ward. We have really great people that we get to meet, but we know from the beginning how long we have together before people move. Being a person who HATES good-byes I will get plenty of practice at it. Phil and I are here to stay so eventually we will be the "old" people in the ward (yes, at like 45), but we'll get to meet and say good-bye to lots of really great people. The Manwarings. Phil showing the girls "farmer grass".

The kids really wanted to go down to the water, but this darn cliff didn't want me to get down there with my flip-flops on.
Lyla enjoyed the walk sitting in the stroller.Cannon does a pretty good job even when he is the only boy in the whole group.

3 comments:

Buffy said...

Cute family picture - your hair is getting really long - it looks good.

Apryl said...

I know what you mean about goodbyes. I'm already dreading our goodbyes, and we still have another YEAR before Colby finishes school. (Don't get me wrong, that will be a bright, shining, amazing, happy, wonderful day, but still...) How will we survive when we can't see Grandma & Grandpa every day!?!

Lucy said...

You have such an adorable group! I can't wait for the kids to all be together and to get this party started. You look too thin--you need desserts!:) THis is your sister Nicki on Lucy's account.