Well we got the bill from the water company and we had a really good laugh. It seems that we managed to waste just about 1 MILLION gallons of water. I thought the lake looked a little full this year. Seriously crazy, right? We decided with everything adding up that we would file a claim with insurance.
We thought the bill was funny until we called the water company and they said they would only adjust half of the bill. Paying for 500,000 gallons of water was not on my most favorite things to do list, but at least they will do half.
Last night Phil and I went down to the house and started talking about what we wanted to do with the house since we are starting with a blank canvas now and it was really fun. We have been trying really hard since we bought the place two years ago to NOT think about how we wanted to fix things up because we needed to wait until houses sold. Now we can't seem to stop thinking about all the cool things we could do. We looked online at outdoor showers and man there are some amazing ones. We were thinking more along the lines of rinsing off after a swim, but these were totally glamorous. I guess first things first we have to keep tearing things apart and getting all the floor up and open up the walls to get air circulating.
I am hoping to have things done over the next few months so we have a fun place for people to come and visit this summer.
4 comments:
Good Job keeping your priorities straight Jamie. Make sure the little house is ready for visitors this summer. Just kidding. I'm really excited to see how it will look.
The totally nosey side of me (that's the biggest part of me, not really half..) is dying to know how much 500,000 gallons of water costs!!!
an outside shower like in Hawaii? totally cool. Can't wait to see what you guys come up with and do! This is your sister, this shows how lazy I am that I don't even want to change who's logged into the computer:)
wow, that sounds great! i'll look forward to my invatation when you get it all fix up;)
Post a Comment