Friday, March 26, 2010

Obsession

So Lyla is totally obsessed with going potty and knowing too much personal information about perfect strangers and their bathroom experiences. Yesterday in the grocery story she told four people, "I went poop in the potty yesterday." She measures all time in yesterdays so she really meant she had gone that morning, but not a single person knew how to respond to her statement. One little old lady just laughed, but the others gave me an interesting look to make sure I knew I was responsible for teaching my daughter better.
She followed up with asking two other lucky shoppers if they had gone poop "yesterday". It really makes me feel awesome when she connects with people on such a personal level. On the way home we had a talk about what things we shouldn't be saying and asking people, but I am guessing none of it sunk in because last night at math night she asked a handful of teachers the same question.

1 comment:

ashlee said...

Wait, we shouldn't be asking people that? Oops. :-)