So lately I have been in a body image funk. Yuck, I know. Not something I want to be stuck in and it hasn't helped that I have been trying on swimwear for the summer. This morning as I was out for a run I thought about all the things I love about my body so here it goes:
1. I am almost always healthy (seriously I hardly ever get sick)
2. This body has been capable of having three (very beautiful) babies
3. This body is now able to care for those three children
4. It can take my mind on a run every morning to keep me sane
5. It allows me to play sports that I love
6. I am able to help Phil do demolition on the house
7. It allows me to serve others
8. This body is almost always pain free
6 comments:
Funny you should post this. When I used to eat your dust at the track I would think, "I hope I can run as fast and be as fit a this mother of 3 one day." You are an inspiration and I love catching up with you on your blog.
:)
I needed to read this. I know I usually have an overly optimistic :-) body image but lately I've been mad about the belly bulge but it is so great to remember all that our bodies do and how great we can feel.
ha, ha - just reading your post has made me have body image issues now, because you are in such incredible shape. I am inspired by the running you do and the races you run.
I like how you reacted to your body image funk by saying nice things about your body. I think there is a lot to be said for being nice to yourself. I'm going to try it.
first of all you have a great body! women would kill to have your body!
second, you make BEAUTIFUL babies! and ugle bodies don't make beautiful babies...trust me:)
lastly, if you feel bad about your body just remeber the way i looked last sunday...you'll really feel great about yourself then:) haha
Post a Comment