Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Journal

Things have been busy around here. Last Monday night around 8:30 Miya came down to tell me she had thrown up and then around 10:00 Cannon started and Phil joined in at 10:30. Everyone would do it at the same times throughout the night. I felt like I was living in my own personal nightmare. Seriously I HATE it when people throw up. I hate the sounds, the smells and the chunks. We had eaten a tofu stir-fry for dinner and somewhere around 2:00am Cannon let me know that he would not be eating tofu for a really long time (and he really likes tofu). I let him know that I would not be able to eat tofu for a really long time after cleaning every one's puke up.
I thought Lyla had missed the bug, but when I went in to get her in the morning I opened the door to a horrible smell and her saying, "mom I frew up all over". She was covering in dry nasty stuff. Poor girl.
Stephanie came in to town on Wednesday for a wedding and stayed in a hotel so she wouldn't catch the stuff. It was great to see her even if it was only for a trip to Target and lunch and then for a few hours on Saturday. Plus little miss Sylvia is so cute and such a good baby.
Now I am watching my sister-in-laws 5 children. They are good kids, but man am I glad to not have 8 kids under the age of 10. Nana comes to pick them up this afternoon for the rest of the week and I hope to get this mess of a house cleaned up. My SIL just called to check on the kids from an international phone someone had on the boat. She mentioned that she was burnt and I said how sorry I felt for her on her cruise in the sunshine. Really it was fun for my kids to get to have people spend the night last night and they love their cousins. It is great to live this close to family.
Ashlee is moving here in August and I can't wait to have one of my sisters that close. Andra comes back in June and I am hoping (secretly) that they wont be able to live on the Island so I can have her closer. Lots of fun things to look forward to. Plus I get to go to Driggs the last week in June and the first week of July.

1 comment:

Andra said...

Or not so secretly. Sounds great to me! It looks like I'll be working days instead of nights. Just think of all the fun we could have when I'm on call!!