Friday, April 16, 2010

This last week has been crazy. So December my Grandma O'Brien died and then in February I had a niece, Chloe, pass away and this last week my mom's younger brother, Uncle Charles died. I guess I have thought for so long that we really haven't had to deal with very many deaths in the family for the total number of family members I have (which is an amazingly large number) and then 3 in such a short period of time. I loved listening to General Conference and of course it stuck out to me how much they talked about individuals dying. They talked about loosing infants, children and all other family members. I didn't remember them every talking about death so much, but of course I have never thought about it so much. I guess that is one of the amazing things about GC that with all those millions of people listening each one feels and hears just what they need to hear.
I have heard that things happen in three's so I am hoping we wont be having any more funerals in the near future. I am however very grateful for the spirit of comfort I have been able to feel and the opportunities for growth through very hard experiences. I am happy to have a family that loves one another and the Gospel that ties us together for eternity.

2 comments:

marinda said...

Jamie
sorry to hear about your Uncle Chuck.
I ran into your uncle jason and vicki last week and had a short visit with them. They are so nice-
anyways been thinkin about you and your family this last week-praying for ya too! Hope you have a great day!
love
marinda

Andra said...

I'm sorry you've had so much death to deal with this year. I agree. I definitely don't want anymore funerals, but I am grateful for a stronger testimony of the plan of salvation.