So Miya had her choir concert last week and it was fantastic. Nothing like an elementary school paying tribute to Michael Jackson. Plus her teacher basically bore her testimony about Michael Jackson. I thought there were going to be tears. I love passionate people because they make things so much more entertaining. Miya did a fantastic job holding up her letter C and was super excited to be involved in something so amazing!!!
I wish I would have taken some video of the 5th graders singing Beat It. They had two kids with Rock Band guitars dancing and playing and the boy who did it played like his life depended on it. It was fantastic. Plus all the parents were a little rowdy yelling and cheering their kids on. You have to love Tillicum Elementary.
Miya got all dressed up for the concert and picked these flowers from the yard to put in her hair.
Here is a little video of Miya's song. Sorry my camera is so awesome you can't see anyone clearly, but she is the letter C in the front. Enjoy.
6 comments:
That sounds so fun! Good job letter C!
I hear your laugh in the background......I miss you!
I can't believe I could actually watch the video. That never happens for me. I'm so happy it worked for this clip. There's nothing better than cute kids singing the Jackson 5.
That is awesome - you can't beat old school Michael Jackson. You gave me the 2 disc Michael Jackson collection - do you remember that??? You can't beat passionate people. We had a lady sing very loud, dramatic opera for our sacrament meeting musical number today. She was very talented - but it scared Ty and he was laying on my lap covering his ears and he said it sounded sad and scary. I was trying hard not to laugh.
That is awesome. Good job Miya. I love that even though the kids couldn't sing "baby" it still had the music in the background saying it.
You've inspired me to be a music teacher. I'll just have my students rock the 80's hits from my Hit Explosion cassette tape. "We're running with the Shadows of the Night, so baby take my hand it will be all right..... Surrender all your dreams to me tonight, they'll come true in the end..." Cue Rock Band guitars.... I'm totally feeling this!
Wow. I never thought my life would go in this direction, but I'm excited.
That is awesome. I hate going to my kids school things. I feel like Odysseous (sp?) wedging wood splinters in my eyes to keep myself awake. Her concert sounds like it was totally off the charts. And I bet it was great fun for all the kids too!
Post a Comment