Saturday, September 15, 2012

Army Half Marathon

Phil and I did the half this morning and both got PR. Phil finished at 1:29 which beat his fastest time by 13 minutes. He is a rock star! He got 4th in his age group, but would have been first in the other age groups. I finished at 1:38 and thought I was going to die. I did get 3rd in my age group and a medal. I tried keeping up these two ladies I thought would have about the same pace as me. The course was up and back and at the half point both ladies picked it up and I was perfectly happy staying at the same pace. Phil was cheering me on at the end and said something like, "kick it in, give it all you've got" I was happy to yell back that I didn't have anymore to give. Another girl even passes me right at the finish line. When Phil and I were talking after the race he said that at mile 11 he thought why do we do this, I don't even want to run this. I let him know that I had the same thought when I hit mile 11 as well. Great to have it over with and great to have improved on my time.

No comments: