The other day I was driving down the road on the way to the bank and noticed a lump on the other side of the road and the closer I got I recognized that it was an old lady and her walker. Cars were coming and going and I turned around at the stop sign to go help, but I was sure that others would have already stopped to help her. When I got turned around I noticed that only one other car had stopped and it was a little old lady that couldn't do anything physically to help this lady that had fallen. We helped get her walker out of the road and sit her up to see what had happened and if she was okay. She had soiled herself in the fall and I was worried that she had had a stroke. She was super embarrassed about everything and just wanted me to help her up so she could walk home. I had to lift her up and help her step up on the sidewalk. I asked if I could walk home with her (which was just up the block), but I think she was just too embarrassed to let me walk with her. I stood there and watched her walk the block to the retirement home then climbed in my car and sobbed. Man, it is hard to get old and I was sad that she was all by herself.
Sat my kids down at dinner and told them that we need to make sure we are the people that are always willing to help and that we need to love others. Life can seem super hard sometimes and I love the opportunities to serve and be reminded of all the blessings I have in my life.
1 comment:
Wow, stories like that give me the chills! It breaks my heart when I seen things like that. I always wonder what their lives are like and I pray that they have family that loves them and cares about them. You are such a great person!
Post a Comment