Then after I had put all the kids down for quiet time. I got a knock on the door. It was a guy from the water company. He informed me that our meter was going crazy and that we had used over 14oo (whatever measurement they use for water consumption) and that we MUST have a leak somewhere. SWEET! He left saying, "no seriously you are going to have a gigantic water bill." OKAY got it, I will get right on that. So I think the only possible place is the guest house and we haven't been down there in about a week and only bad things can be happening when you have a leak with that much water coming out.
I grab Phil from downstairs and we head down to the guest house and find that we can't open the door. We peak in the windows and see a nice inch to 2 inches of water covering the floor. The door has sealed itself shut with all the water so I finally find a window I can get open and we climb our way in to check out all of this..



So yesterday during quiet time I:
1. Pulled all the tiles up and tossed them out
2. moved the furniture out of the house or at least out of my way
3. swept 1400 (whatever) out of the house.
Today we are trying to decide how much it will cost to fix all of this and weighing the pros and cons of contacting insurance about the fun our little sink in the bathroom caused. Thank you mister water meter guy for coming to our house to inform us that we were seriously wasting water so we could enjoy a valentine's weekend cleaning up a mess together!
Here is some video to enjoy.
5 comments:
Yikes! That looks bad. I know it's irrational but I immediately started to think that it's somehow my fault. Did I ever leave the sink running? Maybe its because I think about that little cottage too often. Anyway, I'm really sorry. Good news about all the tenants, though!
Always, Andra
PS What's the deal with your map only showing the West? Am I being purposely excluded? Just kidding. I just might want a cute little map of my own.
Jam,
I am so sorry! That is so lame. When I hear that your water bill is going to be crazy, it makes me cringe because I can't understand fixing water damage but I can relate to an outlandish water bill.
I am excited to see the water bill because it should be something over $1200.00, but the nice thing is that they will do a one-time fix for leaks so we shouldn't have to pay all of it.
Jamie, yeah for the good and STICK_OR_RIFFIC for the bad. I can't believe how much damaged all that water casued. We miss you guys.
I just want to cry for you. I'M SO SORRY! It will all be ok. Sigh.
Post a Comment