Then after a few years we decided to have a baby because Phil had graduated from school. Miya came two weeks early and I hadn't finished finals yet. Those two weeks of new baby and studying for finals were pretty crazy. I still had two quarters to finish before I graduated. UW didn't except most credits from BYU. I don't know something about transferring from a conservative Mormon school to a liberal State school didn't always work out so well.
So after Miya turned one I had a really fantastic Sister in Law and friend that said they would take turns watching Miya while I finished school. Miya and Cora were so good with each other and became more like sisters. I think this is one of those debts that you never really pay back because both of these women loved Miya like their own and even took her when she was sick and I had to be at school or in the lab. We had a lot of stops at the 7-11 in Kent on the way home from Aunt Jenny's house on my short Thursday schedule we both loved slurpies on the warm spring days. Heather was so good at taking photos of the things Miya did during the day.
There were lots of whispers on campus when I walked by looking like this. I am sure this is something people saw everyday walking around campus at BYU, but at UW this was not a common occurrence. I finished school the end of June and had Cannon July 2nd.I know that Miya might not understand now about how much sacrifice was made by myself and many others in order for me to finish college, but I am sure someday she will read this and know that I feel it is important to go and to finish college.
2 comments:
You're an amazing lady. Miya knows it too.
Jamie, even though I knew how hard school was and hard it was for me to finish just being pregnant, I don't think I truly understood how much you did to finish. I'm so proud of you and I am proud of Jenny and Heather :-)
Post a Comment