Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Concert


For my birthday in September Phil bought me tickets to go see Jason Mraz at the Paramount in Seattle. This was all before we knew he would be having surgery on his knee at the end of October. We still went out and hit the concert. When we got to the concert two guys at the end of the row offered to let us have their seats so Phil could put his leg straight, but he refused. They were really tall guys and he felt bad having them sit in our seats. So Phil squeezed in and sat sweating due to the pain for the first band. Needless to say we didn't enjoy that very much.

I thought I rotated the picture before I posted it, but I guess I didn't. This really isn't a position you want your knee to be stuck in for 45 minutes if you just had surgery a few weeks ago. The two guys left to move up with some friends for the rest of the concert once Jason came on stage so we took their seats. The rest of the concert was great. We forgot our camera so we captured everything with the wonderful phone camera, but you can tell we had a wonderful time.



Jason Mraz has such a great voice and sounded just as good in concert, if not better, than on the radio. He plays the fiddle too and did a few folk songs that he learned as a kid growing up in Virginia. I love the new tradition of giving gifts that keep on giving. It is always fun to get to go out on my birthday and then have something fun to look forward to in a few months.


7 comments:

Heather said...

What a fun birthday outing. Way to go Phil for being such a trooper.

Crystal said...

Fun! Jason Mraz is a rarity. I wish more artists sounded as good "live" as they do with all the editing that goes on in the studio.
Happy Birthday.
:)

Nicki said...

OUCH!!! Glad you two made it out of there. I don't know how Phil sat there for 45 minutes. I'm glad that you got to go to the concert. I hope you got a great parking spot at least.

Jennifer said...

Awesome. I love the song they play of his on the radio. It would be nice to hear more than the one song. I have never been to a concert, well that's not true Dave took me to see Celtic women. Do they count?

Anonymous said...

happy birthday! glad you had a great time other than the horrible pain that is:)

Krystal said...

Hey Jamie.. I saw your blog on Ashlee's and wanted to say Hi! I just have to reminisce for a second and say wow.. I probably should have been paying rent at the O'briens for all the time I spent there. You were so nice to me and Ash.. I had so much fun hanging out with you guys.
Your family is really cute!

Carie Beard said...

I would love to see you also! ANy future trips to Idaho? You were in my dream last night.....I am not sure what we were doing but I think we were at Andrea's house???? Who knows but anyways made me miss you! Have a good day!