I got to go with Miya's class to the Children's Hands On Museum in Olympia on Friday. It was crazy with all the kids, but they were all so cute and excited. When they first got into the building they were running around crazy because there was too much to see and do. There was some serious channeling of energy and division of kids so they could see and do everything in there. It was a great place and Miya LOVED it. I had Miya and two of her other girl friends in my group.
I have a hard time not discussing everything we are doing and asking lots of questions when I take my own kids places. I think the other two girls we wondering why they got stuck with the mom that couldn't just let them play. When we were at the art table and working with the sculpting clay I had them look in the mirror and we talked about symmetry.
When we were playing in the construction site we had to sort the rocks by size and discuss what we would build with these rocks.
At the water table I had to stop them from building the dam and talked about current and get them to make a channel.
In the ambulance and the hospital site we looked at x-rays and discussed names of bones. When we got back together as a class to go to the lesson on wind some of the little boys were so sweaty from running around crazy and I had to laugh at how this same field trip will be so different next year when I am running around with Cannon and two of his buddies.
1 comment:
Miya's haircut is super cute. The hands on museum look like a lot of fun - we miss those in Salt Lake.
Post a Comment