Miya turned six today and with that she received a little dose of reality when not one single person showed up for her birthday party. She stopped sucking her thumb a few days ago so she could have a party. First she wanted to invite two friends to go bowling, but then changed her mind on Monday because she wanted more kids from school to be able to come.First mistake: I had Miya take the invitations to school to give to the kids to take to their parents (I don't have any contact information for any of the kids at school)
Second mistake: Only giving them two days notice.
Miya sat at the window for about 30 minutes and kept asking how late they were and if there was any chance that she would have kids show up. Finally I heard her say, "please, just let someone come." She then said, "well I guess we should just do everything without them and have a good time." She has always been my kid that knows 'life is not fair' or somethings in life just don't turn out the way you wanted.
We did paint the Christmas tree ornaments and had cupcakes with frosting. Phil is coming home early and we will take her to dinner. We also decided to try another party on Saturday with the friends from church that had already told us they couldn't make it today because they didn't have a half-day like we did.

On the positive side, each kid got to frost about 9 cupcakes and they will be eating them for the next few days.
Instead of quiet-time today I rocked Miya in the rocking chair I got when I was pregnant with her and told her all the things I love about her. She kept asking, "and what else?" when I paused. Her are a few things off the long list of things I love about my Miya.
1. She is very positive
2. She is a great big sister (as in always helps Lyla and tries really hard to make everyone happy)
3. She loves to be tickled and has such a great laugh
4. She tries hard at everything she does
5. She is just so stinkin' cute
6. She is a deep thinker
Things Miya loves right now:
1. Learning to read and write words
2. Her teacher, Mrs. Jones, everything she makes or draws she wants to give to her.
3. peanut butter and banana sandwiches
4. running
5. singing
6. Having people over for dinner so she can have dessert
7 comments:
That's so sad!! What a sweetheart she is to just make the best of it and have fun anyway.
That made your favorite aunt cry--oh wait, that's not hard to do! Tell your mom to do the invitations just a few days more in advance:) We love you so much and remember well the day that you were born and your mom hid in the restroom at work;) We can't wait to see you guys in the next decade or so.
Miya- We totally would have come to your party!
That makes me want to cry. I have a fear of throwing parties for that very reason. What a sweetheart for having such a good attitude. I hope she has a fabulous party on Saturday.
Happy Birthday Miya! Maggie was very impressed that it was your birthday. She can't wait to see you and says she won't be shy in the beginning so that you guys will have more time to play.
PS. Ask your mom if it's okay if we come and take showers at her house right before she hosts another party...
happy birthday miya!!!
I really hope Saturday went better, what a sweet little princess. Happy Birthday sweet Miya.
Post a Comment