Sunday, December 21, 2008

Weekend Forcast

Snow, Snow, and lots more Snow! It is amazing how much snow we have received this last week and how cold it has been to keep all the snow around. We were scheduled to have a family Christmas party here on Saturday, but ended up cancelling due to the weather. Some of the family was already on the way over on the ferry so we had a small partial family get together. The kids enjoyed the pizza and cookie decorating with cousins.
Today church was cancelled due to the weather, but we had an excellent day as a family making cinnamon rolls for the neighbors. We walked door to door and found most people home because nobody can drive up their drive-ways to get out. We have been in our house for a year the end of the month and I can't believe how many of our neighbors we still hadn't met. The kids had a great time throwing snowballs at each other and dad along the way.
I was feeling a little put off by all the snow because I still have things to buy for Christmas, but after this evening I am reminded of the importance of peace and still during the Holidays. It was a perfect night filled with laughing children, meeting new people and feeling love and happiness. I am finally ready for Christmas, it took me long enough to get the Christmas spirit this year.


6 comments:

Crystal said...

Being held hostage by the snow has also been a good reminder to me to slow down and remember the true meaning of all our celebrations.
Merry Christmas!

Nicki said...

Wish I could've tried out those cinnamon rolls--just to make sure they were safe to take around. I love you!

Anonymous said...

i'm so loving the snow! and i'm with your friend Nicki i want one of those cinnamon rolls too. is it just me or are all the waistlines on my pants getting a little tighter?

anyway, love the pics!

Buffy said...

Your house looks so pretty with the snow and the lights on. The snowman Cannon made is very impressive for a 4 year old. Have a Merry Christmas!

audra garrett said...

Your house looks great! Where do you live that people have to ride a ferry to get there? Thanks for the dress comment!

Kristen said...

Hi Jamie! It's Kristen Cheney - your long lost cousin. I just found your blog through Candice's and I've loved looking at pictures of you and your adorable family! I'm so glad I found it so now I can keep tabs on all the fun things you're doing. Love you!