Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Berry Stain

Just a little helpful tidbit I learned this weekend while blackberry picking with Phil's mom.

Boiling water takes out any berry stain in clothes. There is no scrubing just stick the clothes in the boiling pot and within seconds the stain is gone.

I have already used the info again today when Lyla drank a blackberry smoothie more got on her shirt then in her mouth.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey thats neat! i was blackberry picking and i stained my finger tips big time...hmmmm...i wonder if i stick my hands in the boiling...:)

Jamie C. said...

Good to know, we have years of berry picking ahead of us. I missed a bunch of your posts (can I just add your family to my blog already?) and your Miya school stories are so funny. Sweet girl, it's always hard no matter how you get your lunch, you'll always want the other. And about doing everything wrong, well yesterday I was probably not being the nicest mom at a particular thousand different moments throughout the day and I told Gabs that I was sorry and that I wasn't having a good day. She said, "Oh momma, we ARE having a good day." Sweet children, how they love you unconditionally!

Honeycombs said...

I don't know what has been stopping you from adding our family to your blog. You know us private Combs' not wanting people to read about our lives.

Heather said...

I've heard this before but it didn't totally work for me. Maybe I wasn't patient enough to wait for a full boil. Yeah, that's probably it.

Jennifer said...

No way!!!!! Now i know after endless ruined clothes!

sixlayerdip said...

Nice tip! Thanks! This is the first time to your blog for me and I like it! Uplifting, with lots of food for thought!