
I have been thinking about what things I find important to teach my children and what things would make me the most proud of each of them. I loved playing sports as a kid and was super competitive so I find it rather odd that I am not jumping on team sports for my kids. I hope they get to play when they are older, but if not that is okay. I thought about their academics and being the top of their class, but really all I care about is them trying their best. I also don't want them to get bored in school because I really want them to love learning, not test taking, but LEARNING.
Today I went to pick up Miya from school and her teacher, Mrs. Jones said, "thank you for Miya. She is such a gift to this class. She is bright and comes to class with great skills, but mostly she is just kind."
I thought now that is really important. MY CHILD IS KIND! I am so glad I have Miya. I am not sure Cannon would always say that she is kind, but she tries really hard to do the right thing.
7 comments:
THAT is such a nice thing to hear from a teacher.
Like mother like daughter.
:)
You are such a great mother! Thanks for the kind words about my dad that you left on my bog. I would love to go to the Valley more often but you know how life gets...I miss you and hope you are doing well!I love the pic of your family.
I'll have to second that. You just look at Miya and know she's kind.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
I love that Miya girl! She is wise beyond her years. I remember her playing with Soph and just wishing that my kid was as mature as your kid. You are doing such a good job. I really liked your comments on things that are really important! I love you!--This isn't Ryan but your favorite sister, Nicki:)
that's really sweet. my teacher always said i talk too much..which was probably true:)
ps. you are competitive. i don't think we can play games with you or phil any more:) (i totally kidding)
Jamie, what in the world...how are you??!! I have been away from my blog for so long that I am sad that I haven't seen your message. Well, I am back and so excited to see you found me. How in the world did you find this blog? Your family is so beautiful and you look great. It also looks so awesome where you live. I'm sure you love it. But seriously we need to catch up. I am so excited that you found me!! Love Tawns
Post a Comment