Monday, September 15, 2008
Light
Yesterday we had a really great Stake conference focusing on missionary work. This morning as I got up to run the moon was so beautiful and full giving off tons of light and just as I finished my run the sun was coming up with the great colorful sunrise. I thought of the scriptures I have just read in Genesis about the Creation and the gifts of beauty we have been given. In it is talks about the sun and the moon being created to be symbols of light and truth. I had to think as I was out among these creations how wonderful the Plan of Salvation is and how blessed I feel to have so much truth and light in my life. I also had to reflect on my life and the things I am doing to be a symbol of His truth and light to those around me. Lots to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Beautiful and inspiring...yet I'm wondering, "what the heck time did she run?"
You are amazing.
Miya has to be to school early and I am trying to keep the morning from getting too crazy so I have been going pretty early. My body is still getting used to the change of the alarm and the sun coming up later. It is always sad to get out of bed when it is super dark.
I really enjoyed conference too. The whole time I was kicking myself for not inviting my neighbor. I also really liked the focus on the family too. Conferences always give me a good bust. I bet my kids enjoy the "honeymoon" period of me being a better Mom too.
I love hearing about all of your thoughts. It makes me want to be better, too.
Post a Comment