Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Basement

We are enjoying the wonderful space of the unfinished basement while Phil is away again at the doctor. The kids love to put on my rollerblades (they would love it even more if I would buy them some that fit better and didn't hit them at their knees).
Lyla wasn't sure how she felt about the time in the basement when she couldn't get on Phil's work computer and I had taken the markers she had been writing on the floor with.
You also get the witness the computer junkyard in our basement. Someone needs to take a little trip to the thrift store.

I thought I would add the video of both Miya and Cannon's skills. You also get to witness Cannon experiencing one of his many fits when things don't seem to go his way.

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh, the joyful memories of rollerskating in a cement basement. I thought I saw something that looked like dad's back stretcher machine and I'm pretty sure I sold that at the Honor Society rummage sale my senior year-- did it somehow circle back into your life again?

Jennifer said...

Man that would be so awesome. Hey guys, it's raining outside...let's go roller skating in my basement. A child's dream come true right!

Honeycombs said...

Steph, I wish it was the back stretcher. It is some crazy exercise thing that we took from Phil's uncle and it totally does nothing. I am so glad I have it taking up room in my basement.

Heather said...

We visited some friends in Utah with a "recreational basement". Lucy said, "Mom, I'm going down to the garage." Yeah, we don't know what those things are in our little town.
Now admit it. You were the first one down there with your rollerblades.

Honeycombs said...

I did take down the ramp and the rail once the kids came down to play.

ashlee said...

Can you believe that Mom and Dad let us play on the back machine?! We were crazy on that thing.