
So Phil and I just found out that a sweet friend from our Ward in Seattle has passed away this week from his long battle with liver cancer. Brother Wallace was the kindest man and it was so hard to see him sick and we feel like we even missed a lot of the worst part of his disease and suffering once we moved down south.
Phil was reading to me about the funeral next week and said, "how sad." I said, "no how happy I am for him," but then the tears came rolling down my cheeks as I thought about his wife, Linda and his daughter. He was a convert to the church of only a handful of years, but he loved the Gospel and reading all things he could get his hands on about the church. He was the man that would happily sit in the church parking lot during seminary even when he didn't have any children attending. He was also the man that always said hello and how much he appreciated seeing you at church on Sunday and how good your kids are even if one got away and ran all around the chapel during sacrament meeting and you had to take the other one out to the potty and let the other run free. He loved my kids and having them there even when I sometimes didn't. He supported my husband and appreciated so much his service as Bishop and I felt it. Well even though I am happy for Brother Wallace it seems hard to say goodbye. He was a wonderful man and I will be happy to see him again when the time comes.
1 comment:
thanks for the reminder of a sweet christlike man. you're making me cry. todd
Post a Comment