I got home from picking a friend up from the doctor and the kids had been put in quiet time while Phil was down working and I went out. I thought it would only take just a few minutes, but it ended up taking over 2 hours. When I went to get Cannon we had a great conversation:
Cannon: (with a very upset face and folded arms lying in his bed) I don't love you.
Me: Why?
Cannon: because you didn't come and get me. (tears threatening to come out)
Me: I am sorry Cannon that you fell asleep during quite-time because I didn't come and get you faster. I had to go get Auntie Angie from the doctor and it took longer than I thought it would.
Cannon: I still don't love you.
There is something so much stronger about the words "I don't love you" then his "I hate you" could have been. It was sad and vunerable and made my heart hurt a little. We are now getting ready to make waffles with chocolate chips for dinner so I think all is forgiven. My sweet, tenderhearted, tough, manly little guy.
2 comments:
I agree with you that "I don't love you any more is worse" that comes from sadness while the other "I hate you" is out of anger. No Mom wants to make her kids sad. But your a genious at making-up. I wish someone would make me waffles with chocolate chips:-)
Don't feel bad, I think all of us mom's have had the same response, but there is just something about those little boys that makes it even a little harder, huh.
Post a Comment