Today we got to take the bandage off of Phil's knee and let him take a shower before re-dressing the knee and taking him to PT. It is always a little hard to see staples in people's skin and I don't really like being the one that has to pull off the bandage and wrap everything back up. I am getting better at helping move the leg and getting Phil dressed. The socks have taken some time to get on and off his swollen foot without moving the leg too much. I think as we hit the one week mark things seem to be getting a little better.
The physical therapist was pretty positive today and showed him four movements to help him strengthen his leg and give him back his ROM. They are hoping to have him off his crutches in another week and being able to support his whole weight on his leg. The staples will come out next Tuesday and that should make showering and moving a little easier.
Two apt. next week and they will continue for another 6 weeks. I meant to get a picture of the wound today while it was unwrapped, but I got too busy in all the work of caretaking. Next time!
1 comment:
Hey guys! Sounds like you are fighting the fight over there. What fun Halloween pictures and a fun pumpkin day on the island. It looks so beautiful over there! We are thinking of you in all of your doctoring--we are so proud you can look at these things without vomiting yourself! Way to go, Phil on the surgery and making jokes after. . .We love you! This is Nicki
Post a Comment